Thursday, December 16, 2010

Music Review

I like listening to jazz. So, I thought that this would be a good selection for today. The album that I have chosen is called The Best of Sade, obviously by the band Sade. I’m just going to give a little information about Sade, the lead singer’s background. Sade Adu is a British Nigerian R&B singer-songwriter, composer, and record producer. The English R&B band is named after Sade and was formed in 1983. The genres of that band are smooth jazz, sophsiti-pop, soul, jazz, soft rock, funk, and quiet storm.
The Best of Sade is a compilation of Sade’s first greatest hits. It was released in the year of 1994. I was born in 1994 and I grew up listening to Sade. Overall, Anyways, my top favorite song is titled “Smooth Operator”. If you like listening to jazz, I think you’ll like this song. The instruments are awesome. The tenor saxophone, guitar, bass guitar, and percussion are all there. Sade’s voice has an extremely smooth feel. It’s different.  I don’t really know how to explain it elaborately. Listen and you’ll figure it out! For those who like listening to jazz or those who don’t, I think you guy should check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Saw her in concert in 1992...magical. Love Deluxe is an insane album, but Diamond Life turned R&B on its head in the mid 80s. August 5&6th she will be in Chicago at the United Center...get your tickets now!

    ReplyDelete