Thursday, January 6, 2011

Short Stories Reader Response

“Children of the Sea” was my favorite story out of all that we’ve read so far. I like to read books, short stories, novels, etc. with an actual plot. That way I know the story will actually get somewhere. I also enjoy reading things that are dramatic or mysterious because it gets me wondering what will happen next. “Children of the Sea” was quite adventurous and scary and the same time.  This short story was a series of journal exchanges between two lovers separated from one another. Both the man and woman deal with difficult case scenarios that create much struggle in order to live. Although the story was fictional, it seemed like a first-hand account.
“Young Gifted and Black”, “I Hear America Singing”, “There was a Child Went Forth” and “This Sacred Soil” are all poems. I’m not really into reading poetry. So, I thought all of them were average. The poems weren’t as exciting as “Children of the Sea”. I feel like I could get more out of it than the poems. Plus, I gained a bunch of information about Haiti. I mean I know about the earthquake and everything. But I didn’t expect things to be that terrible in Haiti.  I think I’d like to read Krik Krak next.

No comments:

Post a Comment