Monday, September 27, 2010

There Goes The Neighborhood

My Neighborhood

So, I'm a Northsider. I specifically live on
Orchard Street
in Lincoln Park. I literally live straight down from Lincoln Park High School. Man, it would be a WHOLE lot easier if I went there...just a few steps away. I am just saying. Anyways back to the point, generally my block's majority is made up of Caucasian people. Excluding my family and I. You really don't see too many colored people living on Orchard. Until recently I have noticed that an old Chinese (I think he's Chinese) man has moved on the block.                                                         
My sister and I were excited to see someone who is of different ethnicity living here. Every time this man was in our sight we'd say, "IT'S THE CHINESE MAN!!!” My parents casually laughed at this. But that all changed when they figured out he has a dog. He owns a bulldog to be exact. Of course, my sister and I didn't mind the Chinese man or his dog. We'd see him walking his dog and politely wave. But my parents weren't quite convinced. For the past few weeks, we've found and smelled piles of dog doo-doo in the front of our house. I thought that this person, whoever he or she may be is being disrespectful. My parents kept telling me it was the Chinese man. But I didn't want to believe them. Finally, my mom caught him and yelled from our kitchen window to pick his dog poop up. And he did. I have to have more trust in my parents. Lately, I only see him walking around the neighborhood...
There goes the neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment